About Departments- Sindhu Mahavidyalaya Department of commerce is a vastly creative and motive
part of the Nagpur community that has been contributing to Indian Society by
creating awareness, righteous, exuberant and industrious citizens from last 42
years. Since the year 1972 this entity has witnessed not just the passing by
years but tremendous growth in infrastructure, courses, co-curricular and
Our past is writ large with the achievements of our alumni in fields as diverse
as the corporate world, politics, dramatics, entrepreneurship, journalism,
social activities and many more. These achievers will keenly attribute their
success to the gurus and all others, SMV students who were and are the sturdy
pillars of this institute.
Education today has changed with its fragmentations, diversity and wide variety
of choices. It is lot more demanding and intense. Education had always been a
resource to be taken and not given. In today39s date and age bookish knowledge
cannot be the only measure of education but education needs to be an activity
that makes learner more versatile and induces out –of-box thinking.
Understanding the need of time we at department strive hard to make each student
a matured individual who can learn, unlearn and relearn. For this we arrange
guest Lectures from time to time from different fields. We organize industrial
tours and educational excursion for the students.
Our commitment to excellence and equity in education includes providing relevant
information to all associated with education. Apart from excellence in academic
achievements, our department encourages the students for other extra-curricular
activities, blood donation camps, NCC and NSS etc. It is our cherished goal to
bring about an all round development of the individuals. There is no denying the
fact that higher education offers wide range of personal, financial and other
life long benefits to the students and at the same time benefits the society at
In the department, we inculcate discipline in the minds of the students.
Discipline is not doing extraordinary things, but, doing ordinary things
extraordinarily through proper action and guidance.
Our staff is our strength, maximum of our staff members are PhD guides, they
guide and encourages students and other staff members for research work, they
are versatile educationist. Department of Commerce under the guidance of HOD DR. G.G. Rughwani planning to introduce Commerce Research Centre. Institute runs non-grant course of B.Com.
- To impart education to students belonging to different strata of society
irrespective of caste, gender, colour or creed.
- To uplift the deprived & academically weak students by empowering them
- To develop social, moral, aesthetic and ethical values among our
- To equip & develop essential skills so that they sail confidently with
grit, determination and resilience amidst the turbulent currents of change
and the stormy waves of life39s complexities & challenges.
- To inculcate reverence for humanity & to fortify high ideals of
perseverance, dedication quality consciousness & excellence.
- To build a strong & unflinching character through education for a
- To prepare citizens who could grow to be competent enough to contribute
significantly for the betterment of mankind through their future careers &
- Experienced and dedicated faculty to impart the best knowledge
- 100% Course completion and revision to ensure that students grasps the
- Maximum of staff members are PhD guides and 80% of the staff members
have their Doctorate degree.
- Remedial classes and entry into service classes are arranged by the
department to benefit the students.
- Inter-college and Intra-college competitions are held timely.
- Reasonable fees that are affordable by common students
- Good Infrastructure to provide overall development of students
- Scholarship Assistance for the needy students to complete their studies
- Extra curricular and co-curricular activities to foster creative
- Group discussion among the staff members and students on current affairs
for better knowledge
Departmental library -
ICT and IT infrastructure - Departments is equipped with LCD projector, Compute and Laptop.
Evaluation - Regular unit test, surprise test, terminal examination.
Research activity- Faculty
members are working hard to enhance research activity of department.
Regularly attend and present papers in conferences, workshops and
symposiums. Published research papers in national and international
Instruments and facilities -
Mentor- Mentee - Teachers regularly interact with students through this scheme and solve their problems.
Student’s growth is our prime concern and pleasure